Sunday, June 24, 2012

Winding down on Friday June 22

We started packing and realized we needed another large piece of luggage to hold all our stuff. The boys and I went down Istiklal in search of a suitcase. I stopped one place and the woman wanted 199 lira for three bags. When I told her I only wanted the large one, she said she would sell it for 180. No thanks.
At the next place, the woman wanted 80 lira for the large bag. I told her 60 lira and she would not come down so we left. Finally at the next place, I got one for 70 lira, talking the guy down from 80.
We then went to our favorite pide place Karedeniz Pide (blacksea pide) and got three pides. More than enough for me and the boys and Fariba. We took it back for Fariba and we packed in earnest and then went down to Cihangar to Kardesler and had some kunefe and tea. We bought a couple more souvenirs and went back to the apartment to relax on the deck. We went downstairs and played some tavlah and had some nargile and then went back to sleep so we could get up at 3:30 a.m. To catch our 6:30 a.m. flight back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment