Saturday, July 4, 2009

Poontanglers-the greatest band name in CLT

Massive Bass.
Killer solos.

Mean ass vocals.
So, with a name like the Poontanglers, they simply had to be good. I mean to live up to such a name. And live up they did at Snug Harbor on July 3. These guys simply bring it with a very tight heavy metal sound. If I had to categorize it I would say Metallica with an alt.country twist but with very much a full on assault of massively thumping bass and drums, killer guitar riffs and a vocalist who has kind of the devil music scream down pat. The guy was especially cool in his kind of "Village People" cop hat with the band symbol (not unlike the anarchy symbol) as a badge. I particularly enjoyed watching the heavily tatooed bass player literally rip through one song after another with his foot propped up on the light table at the front of the stage. His energy seemed to propel the rest of the band to another level. See the link at the bottom of my page for a vid or check my youtube www.youtube.com/nosyfieldstone.

1 comment: